• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Petco seems to be running their half off tank sale in the Southeast

Jenniferinfl

Hi, I know the Petco sale is more regional now, but, it looks like they are doing their half off tank sale now through end of July.

The prices are already updated online for my area and in my area you can order for pickup.

I know most people are using more tarantula specific enclosures, but, I still like a glass tank for terrestrials, so thought I'd share.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Here the first picture. It is a 10 gal. aquarium. I use screen, glass, silicone and a u-profile. I do cut the glass I need, but you can get that done at the store as well.
1625072302679.jpeg

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Here the first picture. It is a 10 gal. aquarium. I use screen, glass, silicone and a u-profile. I do cut the glass I need, but you can get that done at the store as well.
View attachment 58042
$30

Jenniferinfl

$30
Those are interesting, but, at that point might as well just buy an exo-terra or zilla when they're on sale. I feel like the easiest way to do this is to silicone in a glass substrate barrier and then either make a sliding door using some kind of plastic angled trim, or use hinges. Unfortunately, the problem is whether or not you can actually source the glass. I hear about everybody getting glass cut to size for sub $8 and I'm here in Central Florida getting quotes of $54 for a piece to fit a 10 gallon aquarium.

The stuff at Lowes/Home Depot is just a smidge too lightweight. 4 mm would be better. Even bulk ordering glass, I'm still getting quotes over $35 for a small piece of glass. I envy anybody who has access to affordable glass.

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
And here is the final product . Too bad I ran out of soil… :)
The thin glass is thick enough for any spider. I bought 4 more, so some more of our residents can move!
1625262026723.jpeg

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I finished another one. A C. versicolor moved in. Here some pictures. Easy to stack too if you want to go that high.
:)
1626029327397.jpeg

Latest posts