• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

pest control?

Olivia Watts

3 Year Member
hi!
i'm a fairly new tarantula mom and i have a little b. albo sling. i just moved into a new apartment that is quite small. at my previous apartment, i never worried about pest control because they would only spray in the bathroom, but now i'm worried that since i'm in a much smaller space, pest control could potentially harm my tarantula?

thoughts/advice?

thanks!

(@sirlegsalot on instagram)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Since most spiders are considered pests by most people....

Do you know when they come in to spray the place? With only 2 T's it wouldn't be hard to move them elsewhere for a couple days, a friend or relative that would tolerate them maybe? Or a new desk decoration at work?

Olivia Watts

3 Year Member
there's no infestation or anything, i could just relocate him for a couple days. i don't HAVE to get sprayed, it's just a service offered by my complex. i like to do it since i have a cat and the fleas are becoming quite resilient where i live.
if i were to have a friend hold onto him, how long should i wait to bring him back home? until the smell goes away maybe?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
there's no infestation or anything, i could just relocate him for a couple days. i don't HAVE to get sprayed, it's just a service offered by my complex. i like to do it since i have a cat and the fleas are becoming quite resilient where i live.
if i were to have a friend hold onto him, how long should i wait to bring him back home? until the smell goes away maybe?
I wouldn't hazard a guess. If there's no infestation, there's no problem:D Tell them to piss off with their murder spray ;)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
depends on the pesticide. Usually you can bring children and pets back in hours after they spray. I'd give it a day or 2 for the T's though to be safe.

Latest posts