• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P striata Morgana's cage makeover

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
This is how one helps the odds that a suspect female is actually a female!!

Since all my pokies that haven't been rehoused yet are being moved soon, I basically dare Morgana to do her worst!!

Besides, the tree thing whatever it is was falling apart and needed reinforcement. This was done and looked abhorrent, reversed by some old plastic Christmas junk that I was getting ready to throw away.

P striata Morgana before decor 1.jpg
P striata Morgana before decor 2.jpg

Since she had much more room, she might've been happier without the stuff in the enclosure. The problem is that this makes pokies much more likely to bolt.

P striata Morgana makeover 1.jpg
P striata Morgana makeover 2.jpg
P striata Morgana makeover 3.jpg

Here are the after results!! We have to sulk in the corner for the next few hours, right?

I'm sure she'll be thrilled with her soon to be new home, which technically I have to actually purchase yet.

Will there be a triple threat pokie rehousing video with Morgana and my 2 P vittata juveniles Bobbie and Clyde?

Stay tuned.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
She's now hiding behind the new decor, looking much less stressed out. Since I'm going to rehouse my 3 pokies who are in the smaller 2 gallon taller enclosures soon anyway, I feel free to let her do her worst!! I'm going to put them into bugarium type cages 8x8x12 with cork bark similar to my male P striata Patrick's cage.

I was concerned that with the cork bark I would never see them again, but my concerns were proven false. Patrick is just at the entrance or walking around so if anything I actually see him more.

The poo cannon behavior has also been reduced. Best of all, to keep him in the cork bark, I simply put a clear glass ashtray on the top of his corkbark.

Of course, this has never been exposed to nicotine!! He is quite happy to stay there and I can clean the glass without a thing to worry about so long as I don't dislodge the tray. I simply slowly remove it when done and promptly replace the lid. I'll use a slightly shorter tube to better improve my viewing angle.

So, potentially there will be a triple threat pokie rehousing video in the future. Unlike my B sabolsum video, there will be no pinch grabbing!!

I'm sure that some others on the forum that shant be named will hope I get nailed, but they don't know how well behaved my pokies are.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tom Moran uses the term "festooned" with feces when describing pokies.

Still, some avics will literally aim the poo cannon at you if you're interacting with them.

It's typical to arboreals.

Last edited:

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Insure hope there will be a video! :)

There will be. I have 3 corkbark hides in various states of construction. The liquid nails is drying and I want to see if it's worth further trucking them out.

The cork rounds I ordered were way too long so I had to cut them down. I glued the bottom of all 3 to some busted up CD case parts so the pokie can't come running out of the bottom and so they'll be easier to stand upright.

The 3 cages have also come in.

They are similar to Patrick's cage but have sliding lids and feeding ports. I'll put the black paper backing on after they are safely rehoused so that I won't get it wet in the water I use to keep them contained.

I don't anticipate any problems.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The cages are built & they fit on the shelf.

Now I have to work up the ambition to actually rehouse aforementioned pokies.

PSX_20190902_102852.jpg

It'll look better when I post videos and pics of the cages and rehousings.

Latest posts