• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P.rufilata

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
Talking about firsts for South Africa, if these make it to 2nd instar it will be another first time breeding in the country. :)
Currently at dark EWL, so hopefully first instars by this week. :)

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
Awesome, I hope I get as lucky as you with some of my projects.

Really was a lot of luck. No one has managed to get 2nd instars of rufilata in SA yet. Had 2 mated females kept in identical conditions, and one moulted and the other dropped this sac. There have also been a few cases in SA where mated females stop eating altogether and eventually die. If only these were as easy to breed as other 'rare' pokies like metallica. :(
Oh, and all the EWL have gone to 1st instar except for 1 that didn't hatch properly from the egg. :)

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
yeah man I hear ya. I have no idea why Metallica are more expensive than Rufilata. They're 10x easier. Heck, they're not even hard.

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
yeah man I hear ya. I have no idea why Metallica are more expensive than Rufilata. They're 10x easier. Heck, they're not even hard.

Agreed. Are there many successful rufilata breedings that side of the pond compared to metallica?

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
Finally rehoused all of them.
102 altogether. :)
And look at the size of them!

image-39.jpg

DTG

3 Year Member
Congratulations, I have this species bred and am hoping that she will drop a sack. She molted right after the first pairing, but the male was still fresh so he went back in with her:)

Latest posts