• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P. metallica on floor of enclosure..

Loafman

3 Year Member
I have a sneaky suspicion that one of my P. metallica's maybe be preparing to molt. He has beed down on the substrate in his enclosure today, rather than up near his webbing at the top of the enclosure. He looks to be fine, but is doing what I can only describe as strange stretching movements occasionally. As I've not actually witnessed one of these preparing for a moult before (or not that I've noticed) does this sound normal to other pokie owners?

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
Bah, of course! I click send on the last message and within minutes he's now half way up the side wall of the enclosure.. :rolleyes:

Nope, he's gone down to the substrate again! :p
lol atleast he is energetic but I don't know how pokies molt yet I'm still waiting on that day because I am fascinated with every single movement they make.. poecilotheria definitely made it to my #1 favorite genus :D

Loafman

3 Year Member
lol atleast he is energetic but I don't know how pokies molt yet I'm still waiting on that day because I am fascinated with every single movement they make.. poecilotheria definitely made it to my #1 favorite genus :D
Well, he's webbed up a little nest behind a fake plant, I can see a leg or two poking out from certain angles, so I'm reasonably sure a molt is pending :D

There is definitely something about Pokies isn't there, they are so attractive to look at and fascinating to watch. Mind you, My A. genics are so full of character, in an almost playful way, a bit like naughty puppies, if that makes sense, haha! :T:

Pasodama

3 Year Member
Haha! There's me waiting for one of my P. metallica's to moult, and while I've been concentrating on that one my other P. metallica has moulted! :D

Two things come to mind.
The saying "a watched pot never boils" and (of course), the moment you take your eyes off of something, that is when it happens.;)
Congrats on a successful molt by your second P. metallica.:)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Strangely enough my juvie female just climbed off her bark, raised her butt like an antinous at her dish, and climbed back up her tube..fat little P metallica acting weird, like she got into my vodka..

Latest posts