• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P. Metallica has a big bump on it - is it sick?

Deemar

3 Year Member
It has been acting strange for the last month or two, it will only stay on the glass or its ceiling, it won't go near the dirt nor anything that touches the dirt. I have 3 other tarantula tanks right next to it and I've never had a bug problem but just to be sure I changed out all the dirt, cleaned the tank and baked the wood piece. After putting it all back together it was acting normal for a week, then back to hanging out on the glass again. Now every night it gets its leg hooked on the metal in the ceiling and just hangs from its leg until I rescue it. I'm not sure if it's hooking its leg to save energy or because it's actually stuck by accident. Anyway, it has a huge lump on its back.

96.jpg

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i dont think it would die from hanging there all day but im sure i certainly doesnt like it and it could injure itself trying to get free which could result in a death depending on the severity of the injury

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
Oh ok. I remember a story on the boards where a keeper came home from work to see their T hanging, apparently for a long time, and it was dead. I guess from trying to get loose, or stress, ...?

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would image it could have been stress related. but i cant think of a reason y it would just die from hanging unless it hung so long it dehydrated.

Latest posts