• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P. gigas, the one that got away for a short time.

CritterKeeper79

Look everyone says, that this is a teleporter or that’s a teleporter. Well, P. gigas is the first spider in my care I would classify as true teleporter. Two of the three molted, so I waited 4 days and figured it was safe to move them out of temporary enclosures. One went smoothly even though it bolted, it bolted in the correct direction, right into it’s new temp home. The second one was not so easy, it ran straight out the vial on my hand, ran around my wrist and back on the vial moving towards the side I couldn’t see. So I turn my wrist to see thinking ha. I turn the vial and it’s not there. I look under the vial in the vial, no T. Thinking to myself, it couldn’t have just bamfed on me. At this point I start questioning if these Tarantulas are actual teleporters like Nightcrawler. Well, then I thought it had to have jumped and ran. So the search begins. I’m checking baseboards, looking underneath the table, under chair, on the walls. I’m almost about to give up and just deal with a P. gigas living and roaming free in my house. I’m like there’s on more place, turned on my phone light and looked under my cabinet I store odds and ins, in the kitchen. It was right there chilling on a kind of crinkled piece of paper napkin. I don’t know how it got there but was thankful the napkin was there.
Moral of the story, this guy deserves the label of bamfer. I thought teleporter was an exaggeration, before I started dealing with this species.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Look everyone says, that this is a teleporter or that’s a teleporter. Well, P. gigas is the first spider in my care I would classify as true teleporter. Two of the three molted, so I waited 4 days and figured it was safe to move them out of temporary enclosures. One went smoothly even though it bolted, it bolted in the correct direction, right into it’s new temp home. The second one was not so easy, it ran straight out the vial on my hand, ran around my wrist and back on the vial moving towards the side I couldn’t see. So I turn my wrist to see thinking ha. I turn the vial and it’s not there. I look under the vial in the vial, no T. Thinking to myself, it couldn’t have just bamfed on me. At this point I start questioning if these Tarantulas are actual teleporters like Nightcrawler. Well, then I thought it had to have jumped and ran. So the search begins. I’m checking baseboards, looking underneath the table, under chair, on the walls. I’m almost about to give up and just deal with a P. gigas living and roaming free in my house. I’m like there’s on more place, turned on my phone light and looked under my cabinet I store odds and ins, in the kitchen. It was right there chilling on a kind of crinkled piece of paper napkin. I don’t know how it got there but was thankful the napkin was there.
Moral of the story, this guy deserves the label of bamfer. I thought teleporter was an exaggeration, before I started dealing with this species.
B691E866-8C6A-444F-B8F1-84F0FF6A0FDD.jpeg

Latest posts