• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P.formosa female?

Grio

3 Year Member

I've never sexed before. Was sold to me as female. She has molted twice with me so far. Both times the abdomen was destroyed.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

I've never sexed before. Was sold to me as female. She has molted twice with me so far. Both times the abdomen was destroyed.
Hey there, friend. I assure you that is 100% female. Since you have had no luck molt sexing (which is 100% accurate and the right way to go about it) let me point the "physical" characteristics out to you that indicate "female" on this particular Tarantula. See the slit between the interior booklungs? There is no break (belly button) which is usually a sign of it being male. Number two, there is absolutely no epiandrous fusillae (from what I can see) on this particular specimen. You just need to fatten her up a bit. Let me send you some ventral pics of my poecilotheria females to help ease your mind. :) Then perhaps you can resort to them and compare similarities and/or differences (if any) if ever in doubt.

Latest posts