• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

P. carpenteri enclosure progression.

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Hopefully the last new home she will have to endure.
I'm posting a photo of each home she has resided in.
From left to right:
1) vial she was shipped in.
2) 1st home ( 24 hrs.) after receiving, size 3.75" dia. X 6.5" tall (converted 40 oz. p-nut butter container).
3) 4.5"X4.5"X10.5".
4) This morning, 8"X8"X18", she immediately went inside the tube.
I do try to limit rehousing to 3 times, but this species can reach 8" when fully mature. Possible that I will need to build a 12"X12"X24" next year.
Note: label has the now proper name of the species. Long debate over the genus these belonged in, Thank you Smith & Jacobi on your paper clarifying the obvious.

Attachments

• 20160125_122406.jpg
    20160125_122406.jpg
    508.1 KB · Views: 66

Ghost

3 Year Member
Great work Therasoid very nice looking enclosure as always.
Is that cholla wood you have in the first enclosure? I've thought about using it in some of my arboreal sling enclosures but haven't try it yet......

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I hate to rehouse so tend to go a bit larger then they need, I always feel a little guilty for upsetting their entire world.
Hopefully I can keep it to 3 or 4 throughout their lives.
I wanted to try that wood also, perhaps next time I'll pick up a bit of that and see if any of my 8 legged monsters seem to like it :D

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Great work Therasoid very nice looking enclosure as always.
Is that cholla wood you have in the first enclosure? I've thought about using it in some of my arboreal sling enclosures but haven't try it yet......
Hi Ghost.
Yes thats cholla cactus wood. I'm beginning to use more of this in my small arboreal enclosures. Totally different look and the tarantula doesn't seem to care.

Therasoid

3 Year Member
I hate to rehouse so tend to go a bit larger then they need, I always feel a little guilty for upsetting their entire world.
Hopefully I can keep it to 3 or 4 throughout their lives.
I wanted to try that wood also, perhaps next time I'll pick up a bit of that and see if any of my 8 legged monsters seem to like it :D
Try it!
Great stuff, hard to get large diameter pieces without paying a premium.
Try your local florist, they might have some, may be short lenght/diameter. Its used in centerpieces to hold air plants and such.

Latest posts