• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

over feeding?! help

vector

3 Year Member
How do i know if she had enough crickets. Avic avic. I gave her two small ones yesterday and today i gave her a juicer one . she looks quite plum but she still wants to eat

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
How do i know if she had enough crickets. Avic avic. I gave her two small ones yesterday and today i gave her a juicer one . she looks quite plum but she still wants to eat
Vector they won't eat til they die, give her whatever she'll eat :) I have a very large female Lp I just power fed prior to a breeding attempt. She ate 9 full sized fat adult roaches in 5 days..She looked like she would explode. I'm going to feed her tonight again for a another breeding attempt tomorrow..it's really nice having a few big spiders to keep my colony at a manageable size :)

vector

3 Year Member
Vector they won't eat til they die, give her whatever she'll eat :) I have a very large female Lp I just power fed prior to a breeding attempt. She ate 9 full sized fat adult roaches in 5 days..She looked like she would explode. I'm going to feed her tonight again for a another breeding attempt tomorrow..it's really nice having a few big spiders to keep my colony at a manageable size :)
Ok . i just dont get the first sentence. "They wont eat till they die"

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ok . i just dont get the first sentence. "They wont eat till they die"
What I mean is, they won't eat so much that it harms them :) At least, I've never heard of it happening. I have heard that powerfeeding young ones will shorten their life span, because it makes them grow quicker. I'm not sure whether I believe that..

Latest posts