• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Organic Potting Soil

Ian Spackman

3 Year Member
I have a couple of large bags of Organic Potting Soil and was wondering if there would be any adverse effects if I used it in my T. Blondi's enclosure. Supposed to hold moisture very well and if I could save a few bucks on substrate that would be great! I would hate for it to go to waste if I had to buy a separate substrate. Thanks guys!

Therasoid

3 Year Member
I have a couple of large bags of Organic Potting Soil and was wondering if there would be any adverse effects if I used it in my T. Blondi's enclosure. Supposed to hold moisture very well and if I could save a few bucks on substrate that would be great! I would hate for it to go to waste if I had to buy a separate substrate. Thanks guys!
I agree with Poec54 in regards to the topsoil. Its inexpensive at most DIY centers, around $1.50, what's left over you can spread around the yard if you don't want to store it someplace.

Ian Spackman

3 Year Member
Thank you for the advice, I appreciate it. It is all organic, so no added fertilizers, but I was concerned if there would be any pesticides in it that would harm the T. But it sounds like it will be all good!

Latest posts