• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Online tarantula sellers

BigOtto

3 Year Member
There are several dealers online that you can purchase tarantulas from. I will provide some of the better ones I know. All sellers listed have a large selection of tarantulas for you to purchase. Not all are tarantulas recommended for beginners so you should know what you are ordering, speak with them first if your interested in something and you don't know about it.

Petcenterusa.net, Paul Becker is the owner and will talk with you on the phone regarding tarantulas if you have any questions. I've made several purchases from him and all have arrived healthy and are excellent specimens. If your looking for something ask him.

Jamiestarantulas.com, Jamie is a knowledgable breeder and excellent seller.

Kenthebugguy.com, Ken is an excellent seller and knows his stuff.

swiftinverts.com, Kelly Swift is a knowledgable breeder and excellent seller. I have purchased from him and all have arrived healthy and are excellent specimens.

net-bug.net, Anastasia is great and has a large selection of tarantulas, both at the sling size and adults.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey Otto, do you know anything about GeneralExotics.com ? I think my favorite time to purchase is at the local exotic pet show, personally. So much knowledge and selection!

BigOtto

3 Year Member
I have been to generalexotics.com before, most of his product is wild caught aka "field collected". They are mostly out of stock on their tarantulas, recent check noted 5 tarantulas species in stock.

petcenterusa.com, net-bug.net, and kenthebugguy.com have close to 100 species of tarantulas available for purchase. Jamiestarantulas.com has several species in stock and is a very good and reviewed seller on other forums.

As for knowledge if you have a question Paul Becker will answer it over the phone if he isn't feeding 500 tarantulas.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Good to know about GeneralExotics, thanks for that info. Thanks for the links above too!

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm pretty sure you would have to have special permits and also buy in large quantities (and the seller would need permits as well) in order to purchase overseas. We can't even buy T's from Canada to the US without permits etc. You'd be better off finding local breeders/shops/sellers.

Cobalt

3 Year Member
I'm pretty sure you would have to have special permits and also buy in large quantities (and the seller would need permits as well) in order to purchase overseas. We can't even buy T's from Canada to the US without permits etc. You'd be better off finding local breeders/shops/sellers.

Do people really care about the permits? :p

Atx13

3 Year Member
I rarely buy from dealers. When i do, its from Swiftinverts, or Kenthebugguy... I usually find other hobbyist selling Ts and pick some up from them.

Latest posts