• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

OMG

rénee

3 Year Member
I KNEW SHE WAS GOING TO MOLT SOON :)

Im so excited! Really sucks i have to go to work in 2 hours though.. but hopefully i will come back home to a new pretty girl!

P.s There is a dead cricket in there, pretty much right beside her.. its dead so it can't bug her, should i try to carefully remove it, will a dead cricket cause her stress? (yes, dumb question)

Attachments

• 20160102_083334.jpg
    20160102_083334.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
What a shame that you're going to miss it. I'd leave the cricket as long as it's dead, it won't harm her and you'll cause more stress by trying to get hold of it.

rénee

3 Year Member
What a shame that you're going to miss it. I'd leave the cricket as long as it's dead, it won't harm her and you'll cause more stress by trying to get hold of it.
Oh well, at least now she will have complete peace and quiet to do what she needs.

I kind of figured that taking it out would just be useless, it's dead so it can't do anything, thanks :D

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A dead cricket isn't going to cause it stress. Trying to remove it may though. They're around dead animals all the time in the wild, I doubt they're going to let something like that inhibit them from molting [emoji14]

rénee

3 Year Member
A dead cricket isn't going to cause it stress. Trying to remove it may though. They're around dead animals all the time in the wild, I doubt they're going to let something like that inhibit them from molting [emoji14]
No I really didn't think it would bug her and digging inside would just be worse, i just figured I'd ask just in case, thanks :)

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
congrats on ur first molt. it is very exciting everytime u get the surprise. :) never gets old.

rénee

3 Year Member
Thanks! it's so cute too cause most times now i look at her and she is laying flat with legs sprawled out, or she is waving her legs around, just adorable. Just makes me laugh and smile :p

Latest posts