• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

OMG Please tell me these are legit!!!

Mtinney

3 Year Member
image.jpeg
Please tell me these are legit this is SO cool!!

5708f895aa8b3dbcf0a740b56c24e634.jpg

They're SO cool!!

Mtinney

3 Year Member
Wow, those are fancy..I just have fish tanks and sterlite boxes on shelves -.- lol

If you have the time you could probably build some floating, staggered, shelves to keep your T's containers on. It'd probably work best for the ones in the lighter containers, smaller shelves, so not as strong as a bigger shelf would be. But, it would defiantly look cool?

Telson

3 Year Member
Those acrylic enclosures cant be too hard to make. Ive thought about it but im just too busy with the beasties that go in them:)

Mtinney

3 Year Member
Those acrylic enclosures cant be too hard to make. Ive thought about it but im just too busy with the beasties that go in them:)

How would you make them without it costing an arm & a leg? I found an awesome picture I just posted in another forum (I'll add it to this post) that I'd love to try on an acrylic enclosure but I'm not sure if it's worth the expense of find the stuff & building the enclosure just to have totally epicly awesome ventilation.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 29

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
you can make your own for just a bit less than buying premade. I have a list of what i'll need to buy, just saving up the money to buy the pre-cut acrylic, epoxy, latches, and get some new clamps to hold it in place while it bonds. All the clamps i have the felt/rubber pads have worn off, i don't want to scratch the new boxes :)

Madzoohouse

3 Year Member
I have looked into the sheets of acrylic. ...they are costly but very beautiful...I got an acrylic cutter from home Depot here ....if you plan on going that route plan on scouring acrylic for a long time.. lol ....I had extra from a huge 4 foot by 2 foot enclosure I built for another pet I have and was messing around with the scraps buidling small enclosures for slings...getting perfectly str8 cuts is harder than I thought cutting small pieces....gonna get a compound saw for next time...should come out perfect hopefully..

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have looked into the sheets of acrylic. ...they are costly but very beautiful...I got an acrylic cutter from home Depot here ....if you plan on going that route plan on scouring acrylic for a long time.. lol ....I had extra from a huge 4 foot by 2 foot enclosure I built for another pet I have and was messing around with the scraps buidling small enclosures for slings...getting perfectly str8 cuts is harder than I thought cutting small pieces....gonna get a compound saw for next time...should come out perfect hopefully..
You can order the acrylic cut to size (down to 12"x12") that's what i'm doing, then using a table saw to trim those pieces down as needed, bit of emery cloth to polish the edges after that and it's done. Clamp and epoxy and I have a new enclosure. Just hope it's as easy as it sounds. ;)

Mtinney

3 Year Member
You can order the acrylic cut to size (down to 12"x12") that's what i'm doing, then using a table saw to trim those pieces down as needed, bit of emery cloth to polish the edges after that and it's done. Clamp and epoxy and I have a new enclosure. Just hope it's as easy as it sounds. ;)

I don't even know where to find the acrylic. :(

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
call around places like lowes or home depot hun,
also, ask what options they have, I know some places will cut it for you.
also, look up cd case enclosures, Keep saying i'm going to try them.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I don't even know where to find the acrylic. :(
www.acrylite-shop.com Everything you'll ever need for acrylic, cut sheets, full sheets, colored sheets, epoxy, etc. etc. etc. :)

For a 12wx18lx12h" enclosure it's about $65 with shipping to my place precut (smallest cut they'll do is 12") I'll trim them down myself to 12x18x10 or 12x18x8. Epoxy varies depending on quantity and type if you want to buy the specialized epoxies they sell. I'll be buying the reactive cement, stronger bond than the solvent but a bit more expensive. 28.85 for 16oz, figure i'll be able to do 2 or possible 3 enclosures that size with that cement.

Good thing i have all little slings for these :) i have a few years to get them bought and built.

Telson

3 Year Member
I'm attempting to make my last invert purchase for awhile, hopefully i'll find the time, this winter maybe, to make some nice display enclosures. I have several giants that would look really good in them..Female P antinous, my female Phormictopus sp green, and hopefully two stirmi very soon. Mating pair

Latest posts