• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ok, maybe i'm mean but...

jtrux

3 Year Member
Sometimes i'll disrupt (read: destroy) my B. Smithi's den so she can make a new one. I know it's crappy but each and every time she makes a whole new one that's completely different than the last. Yesterday I was spot cleaning and feeding and made a mess of her old den. This morning when I looked in she made a new one that Trumps the old one. She's (I say she but I have no idea what it is) about 2" and her new burrow is probably 5" long with and entrance and exit.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sometimes i'll disrupt (read: destroy) my B. Smithi's den so she can make a new one. I know it's crappy but each and every time she makes a whole new one that's completely different than the last. Yesterday I was spot cleaning and feeding and made a mess of her old den. This morning when I looked in she made a new one that Trumps the old one. She's (I say she but I have no idea what it is) about 2" and her new burrow is probably 5" long with and entrance and exit.
It probably keeps her fit ! Why shell out on expensive gym membership when you can get them digging?

AngelOtter

3 Year Member
I almost always mess up Ares' "pad" when I clean. He lays out this nice webbing outside his half log and it always gets stuck to the tongs. Plus he likes to leave dead crickets in the back of his house :rolleyes: So sometimes I have to destroy it to clean them out. I figure in the wild their houses would get ruined once in a while, and it gives him some exercise, he eats just fine so I'm not worried about tiring him out. :) As long as your not doing it really often, I don't see a problem with it.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I ruin our Chaos' web every time I feed her...she insists on attaching the web to the lid lol

Latest posts