• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not an owner... Yet.

ArbitraryAntics

3 Year Member
Hey everybody! My name is Jared, or you can call me some variation of my forum name and I have been looking into getting a T for the last few weeks reading as much as I can and soaking in as much information as I could before getting one. I've read a bunch of general housing feeding and care taking guides on the web at night before I go to sleep and then I got looking at the different kind of Ts. My eyes lit up when I saw the Greenbottle Blue or the Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens. I read that this was a beginner species but might not be considered one due to its skiddish nature and the fact that it is pretty fast. If you have any advice or ideas for a T like that please drop them in below! Or if you own one PICS! Please! :)

I've owned various reptiles since I was 6 and the last reptile I had was a Bearded Dragon. I ran into some issues with my dad and I had to give her away to a caretaker I knew would take good care of her and then moved in with my mom. Spiders have always amazed me but that's a double edge sword because they can freak me out. But I think that finding a Black Widow in your bed is 100x more creepy than the cute Greenbottle Blue you have. I'm not super into handling them for the safety of me and my T, and my fear and mutual respect of the amazing creature. I haven't sorted out what I would have for a terrarium yet and want to make sure I can be the best T bud I can. I don't currently have a budget and I would like a glass terrarium (hope that's the right word) but last I checked they could get pretty spendy. Drop any advice you guys have here below or just introduce yourselves! Also what site should I buy him/her from? Also any different recommendations for a starting T?

Thanks Everyone!
-AA

Last edited:

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Jared,

I just started keeping in January. I started with a b. smithi. and now i have a GBB. i love them both! i will say they r both slings and i can already tell the smithi is way more laid back. and shiva, the GBB is very fast! Also check out Jamiestarantulas.com if u r in the states. she also has kick ass enclosure kits.

Latest posts