• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

nhandu chromatus?

paolo escoto

3 Year Member
yeaah. i wanna get more T's. i'm thinking about nhandu chromatus. haha. how's their tempermament? and venom potency? do they bite? what do their bites feel like? haha. i'm not planning on handling my T's. i just wanna know. :)

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Great Ts. Usually pretty cranky. Mine puts up a threat display every time I open her cage.
Their Venom isn't particularly strong, but a bite can be painful (wasp sting x 5).
Gorgeous spiders though, and get huge.

Atx13

3 Year Member
They get pretty big, annoyed easy, kick lots of hairs, itll bite if you poke them enough, pretty fast, prefer to stay in a hide unless they're hungry.. they eat a pretty good amount. Medium growth rate, but overall, awesome Ts!
I prefer N.carapoensis to chromatus, but you just can't go wrong with any of the Nhandus.

paolo escoto

3 Year Member
Great Ts. Usually pretty cranky. Mine puts up a threat display every time I open her cage.
Their Venom isn't particularly strong, but a bite can be painful (wasp sting x 5).
Gorgeous spiders though, and get huge.
okay. thanks. what about the humidity stuff?

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My NC is still a baby, but is one I see the least. She prefers to wait til she thinks I have gone before taking her food unlike most of my other babies. She doesn't really burrow like my other babies but makes depressions she sits head first in.

Latest posts