• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newest Question

Lentulus

3 Year Member
8532F43B-C9C4-44EA-AC0F-2E8978AB4077.jpeg

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Should I wear organic clothing whenever I'm handling, feeding, and/or rehousing tarantulas?
Except if you intend to be on your tarantulas’ menu what you are wearing doesn’t really matter, except for the handling part.
Handling your Ts is a touchy (no pun) subject but if you decide to go for it I would highly recommend you to wear gloves and long sleeves tucked under the gloves. Depending on the T, your gloves and sleeves definitely won’t stop fangs if the T wants to nail you but it will definitely help with all the new world and avicularia’s urticating hairs. Of course, your long sleeve shirt should go straight to the washer after use.
Hoping this help, cheers.

Last edited:

x_raphael_xx

I try not to go near mine (to feed etc) if I’ve just been near strong chemicals (bleach or hand sanitizer etc). As I’ve heard spiders are very sensitive to smells, although that may just be a myth I picked up from watching the film ‘Eight-legged freaks’

Avoiding strong chemicals is something I do around all my animals, I use pet safe cleaners & don’t spray polish around enclosures etc.

Latest posts