• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New year, new tarantula(s)

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
I'm going to the New York reptile expo in White Plains on January 4th. I'm planning on picking up at least one new T and I'm leaning hard towards A. geniculata. Hopefully I can find one around 2" or more, a female would be a big plus. G. pulchra has also peaked my interest but I already have a G. pulchripes and I was looking for a new genus. Any suggestions for a new world terrestrial that I don't currently own? See my signature for my current collection. Happy new year!

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
Not to sound like a dork, but any T that you don't currently own is a good T to get! :D

Are you working to acquire all the spiders in one genius or working towards a breeding project? Do you have an end goal or a wish list?

I built a wish list for myself. Yes, it is large, but it makes it easier to figure out which ones to buy. Sometimes if I have a price limit I will buy the ones that will allow me to get the most amount of Ts.

It's a BIG decision, isn't it? Good luck!

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
I like to collect different new world terrestrial T's. As far as breeding goes my g. pulchripes female may be ready to breed after her next molt. It would be my first time breeding and I'm thinking about it. Who knows what I'll come home with!:T:

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
I too am working towards breeding, but it's going to be awhile until everyone is ready.

I can't wait to see what you end up with! You will have a full report for us, right? :p

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
Hi Hi
You must be getting really excited to bring home a new tarantula in a few days. Have you considered a balfouri? They are such beautiful tarantulas and I am strongly considering a balfouri as my next tarantula. Keep us posted... ;)
I briefly considered it but I'm not ready for old worlders yet. When and if I do get into OWs, balfouri will probably be my first. As time passes, the prices should drop a bit too.

Latest posts