• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new to tarantulas! sucked into getting three...

EmperorEtter

3 Year Member
SO! i went to go get a greenbottle blue, and came home with an amazon sapphire, gbb, and curly hair. the curly hair has a nice home, its about 6gal (20x6x4) and he's already burrowing under the water "dish". my avic. div. is in a large cup, and mister gbb has a good sized critter carrier. they're all super cool! i'm having trouble feeding the amazon sapphire though because he is ALWAYS on the top lid. and they're fast as hell. my collection will probably grow quickly since these guys don't need extra heating (i have them under my sand boa tank with a UTH in order of most to least heat needed and thats basically perfect)

Raven

3 Year Member
Hi, I'm the same, new to the hobby but I have started with 3 brachy species :) maybe one day I will work up to a pink toe they really fascinate me too

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi, I'm the same, new to the hobby but I have started with 3 brachy species :) maybe one day I will work up to a pink toe they really fascinate me too
Avicularia are awesome. Glad to see you're taking it slow. They tend to be a bit more fragile as slings compared to other tarantulas and need somewhat more precise conditions to do well. This is why I don't recommend them as a first tarantula. I recommend A.metallica or A.amazonica when you do feel ready. The latter is somewhat rare, but is a great species if you do manage to find one.

Latest posts