• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Thrixopelma pruriens

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Many thanks to Jakub at spidershop.pl for this little one, Purani, that arrived this afternoon

DSCF5012 (2).JPG

DSCF5014 (2).JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Well, I guess someone was hungry. I dropped a cricket in last night that was almost as big as the T and it's gone this morning :D

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Even if you could get an importers license, how long could they survive packed up to go overseas?

Those cargo planes don't have temp control or pressurized cargo areas in many cases. Can a T get enough oxygen at 35,000? (Probably do better then humans though)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Even if you could get an importers license, how long could they survive packed up to go overseas?

Those cargo planes don't have temp control or pressurized cargo areas in many cases. Can a T get enough oxygen at 35,000? (Probably do better then humans though)

I had 10 slings sent to me via DHL (by air) and it only took 5 days to travel 7,000 miles with not a single DOA. Luckily from Poland they take 2 days to the UK in a nice warm van for their 1,000 mile trip.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Cool, but I mean something like Germany to the United States, say Berlin to Baltimore for example.

You'd really need someone expert at packing them up with great temp control for them to survive. I think you have to go to the port of entry or something like that to pick them up, no home delivery for you!!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Cool, but I mean something like Germany to the United States, say Berlin to Baltimore for example.

You'd really need someone expert at packing them up with great temp control for them to survive. I think you have to go to the port of entry or something like that to pick them up, no home delivery for you!!

Nowhere near 7,000 miles