• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New T

PereSs

3 Year Member
Hiya!

How's everyone doin?

Good news just bought a new T and the 3rd in my little collection now :p, a Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens or called the green bottle blue! Certainly is a beautifull T, i know that it sure isn't a handleable T and that it needs a lot of moisture i will try my best too keep it in good health, if someone has other facts too tell me about this T let me know!

Thank you!

Attachments

• 20180505_171403.jpg
    20180505_171403.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 31

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Out of curiosity where did you hear they need a lot of moisture? Slings could benefit from a little moisture on the substrate. However at the size that your specimen looks to be, bone dry substrate and a full water dish will be all that is needed.

Nice add by the way

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Out of curiosity where did you hear they need a lot of moisture? Slings could benefit from a little moisture on the substrate. However at the size that your specimen looks to be, bone dry substrate and a full water dish will be all that is needed.

Nice add by the way

What he said ^

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
They had the same issue as Avics did in the past.
Excessive moisture caused many fatalities because bad caresheets were everywhere.

These guys are dry spiders but they should have access to a filled waterdish at all times so they can rehydrate whenever they want. They also must know where the waterdish is.

Humid air is denser then dry air. That's why fog clings to the ground. Of course arboreal and semi arboreal tarantulas can and do go above that.

Full disclosure: I don't yet have a GBB...yet. I've stumbled upon old reports and complaints about essentially SADS, except GBB isn't an avic.

Now that people keep them dry, GBBs slings are considered among the most hardy beginner slings even good first tarantulas by some.

Last edited:

PereSs

3 Year Member
Hiya!

Thanks everyone for your reply's and tips for keeping my GBB.. i had a wrong information about the moisture but since i kept it i always keep the enclosure dry and with a full water dish, but after a long night out i was surprised when i came home and saw that my GBB molted!! This is amazing it is my first molted T out of the 3 i have and the thing is i didnt saw this coming! Really amazing!

Attachments

• 20180527_065022.jpg
    20180527_065022.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 13

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Yeah GBBs will eat a lot and don’t often refuse food so it can be hard to tell when they’re in premolt. Congrats on the good molt!

The only one of my gbbs that I’ve seen drink is a MM, but I still keep waterdishes for all of mine in case.

4ACD48C6-2D2E-4E57-A008-5C1B85DC59DE.jpeg

ALD

3 Year Member
Congrats!!! They are gorgeous. Keep them dry and give them a water dish. They are amazing webbers.

PereSs

3 Year Member
Emergency!!!

My GBB is cramping herself up... and doing some weard vibrating movements... i'm worried... i have a strong feeling that she isn't hydrating herself and not even try too go too her water dish.... because it looks she is out of strenght..

Can i spray some cool water in her enclosure??

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Emergency!!!

My GBB is cramping herself up... and doing some weard vibrating movements... i'm worried... i have a strong feeling that she isn't hydrating herself and not even try too go too her water dish.... because it looks she is out of strenght..

Can i spray some cool water in her enclosure??

After they molt they stretch themselves out in crazy yoga positions for a bit. Nothing to worry about.

I’m not sure what exactly you mean by vibrating movements but I’m guessing its normal post-molt behavior