• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New molt!!

Goldiesgiants

My A. Genic molted while we were asleep last night and I'm freaking out!! she's out of her molt and I can see her moving about slowly. This is my first ever molting experience with a tarantula. Any advice would be great! I already know not to disturb, not to feed and to keep the water filled. But is there anything else I should know/look out for?

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I love A. genics! Please let her be but do monitor the humidity around her enclosure for a couple of days and try to maintain it in the high side. Good luck!

If she made it out of the moult then the worst is probably over and u now have a bigger T! Though I've had smaller Ts pass away after a moult ,for what looks like no reason at all, the worst is over and now its time to enjoy that A Genic feeding response!! In a few days of course

Goldiesgiants

If she made it out of the moult then the worst is probably over and u now have a bigger T! Though I've had smaller Ts pass away after a moult ,for what looks like no reason at all, the worst is over and now its time to enjoy that A Genic feeding response!! In a few days of course
She is perfectly fine. I'm not sure what she's doing with the molt. It's been pushed into a corner. But all 8 legs, pedipalps and fangs are all intact! So glad for that. Now I'm just waiting for her to harden up because she needs to be rehoused now.

Latest posts