• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New here

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
Hi all. I'm a fairly new enthusiast. I love T's. I have a large female Theraphosa stirmi, a juvi Theraphosa stirmi, Nhandu chromatus sling, Lasiodora parahybana sling, B Smithi sling, Female G rosea, and P cancerides sling.
I love learning everything I can and my 2 daughters love it with me.

Last edited:

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sounds wonderful,
my daughter doesn't like my T's at all lol she promised to tend then however if she had to.
Welcome to the forum, folks are both friendly and helpful ^^

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Megs is 20, she saw the fangs on my Juvenile, just little ones its only half grown, and said "Nope, never"
She did say she would drop them food if I needed her to but wont prekill the slings stuff either :p

I have a secret desire for Theraphosa apophysis, but I'm still very much a noob keeper so perhaps once I learn a bit more ^.^

Last edited:

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
The apopysis is a beauty. I'm kind of a noob too, but learning and taking it all in like a sponge. I've been told Theraphosa sp need a lil more care, but found that moist but not wet substrate and 70-80% temp and humidity is fine.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Once I know I can maintain things as they like them I'll venture into the more difficult species. There's several I'm longing to have. At the moment I'm in the middle of creating a better space for my few, have a couple wolf spiders wintering with me as well as a little orbweaver so I need to organize. ^^