• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New addition :)

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
So there was a wolf spider trying to go into my neighbors house which would've ended with a squished spider so I caught it and put it in with a lot of eco earth so it could make a burrow :D excited to watch it grow

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
it's really small at the moment.. not much bigger then the lid to a water but it was fast lol... I gave it awhile then added a dubia nymph.. maybe atleast one of my spiders will eat a dubia lol

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
it's really small at the moment.. not much bigger then the lid to a water but it was fast lol... I gave it awhile then added a dubia nymph.. maybe atleast one of my spiders will eat a dubia lol
I know they balk at them at first, but they WILL eat them. Once they eat one its cool, they like them after that. Keep trying;)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i want another P. audax. Had one last year but he passed, I caught him as an adult. Hopefully i can find some babies this spring. We have tons of the M. bivittatus (Grey Jumper, or Grey Wall Jumper) here. I'll have to get another one of those too :)

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
i want another P. audax. Had one last year but he passed, I caught him as an adult. Hopefully i can find some babies this spring. We have tons of the M. bivittatus (Grey Jumper, or Grey Wall Jumper) here. I'll have to get another one of those too :)
thats what I hope to find this year! either the grey or black with white spots jumping spider :D

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
thats what I hope to find this year! either the grey or black with white spots jumping spider :D
black with white spots is the P. audax or Bold jumping spider. I want the regal jumper (P. regius) too, but they're just in the south east states like georgia, florida, etc. they like it humid and hot. they're the largest jumper in the states, and the most colorful. instead of the neon green chilicerae that most jumper have theirs are blue to purple.

Tricocyst

3 Year Member
after a couple days of getting used to its new surroundings I finally got the wolf spider to eat.. he just took down a cricket as large as he is! I didn't have any small ones but it didn't mind.. watching it take down the cricket was awesome.. it jumped on the crickets back and went for a wild ride but never let go.. super exciting event :D

Pasodama

3 Year Member
after a couple days of getting used to its new surroundings I finally got the wolf spider to eat.. he just took down a cricket as large as he is! I didn't have any small ones but it didn't mind.. watching it take down the cricket was awesome.. it jumped on the crickets back and went for a wild ride but never let go.. super exciting event :D

Arachnid rodeo!:D

Glad that it ate.:)

Last edited:

Latest posts