• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need some suggestions on feeding my new lp sling

Cuban86

3 Year Member
I just picked up a 1/4 in Lasiodora Parahybana ( SalmonPinkBirdEater) sling from a reptile show this past weekend n bought 50 1/4 size crickets for it but i still feel like the crickets are to big can someone help me out n give some ideas on what would be the best thing for it n how many times a week should i feed it ??

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
The size prey should be the size Opisthosoma as general rule and feed maybe 2 or 3 times a week.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You can always prekill the cricket if your little one won't take them live.

Redacted

3 Year Member
I just picked up a 1/4 in Lasiodora Parahybana ( SalmonPinkBirdEater) sling from a reptile show this past weekend n bought 50 1/4 size crickets for it but i still feel like the crickets are to big can someone help me out n give some ideas on what would be the best thing for it n how many times a week should i feed it ??
Rip a small cricket or, even better, a roac, and drop it in. It'll eat the goop. You'll see its abdomen swell by the next day.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Kill it first like @Enn49 said. then drop it in the enclosure. The death spasms should attract the T to come feed. They're great scavengers.

If you can get roaches there go with the H. lateralis - aka Red Runners aka Turkistan - you can get pinheads small enough for that size T to eat from jaimestarantulas.com I've never had any luck getting the size she has from any other vendor. They all claim pinheads but they're not, they're a couple molts passed pinhead size.

Another roach option is the Little Kenyan roaches. the nymphs start at about the size of a fruit fly (2mm or so) and full size adults are almost 1/2".

Latest posts