• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

need egg sack help

robbh3

3 Year Member
hi, i recently had an OBT and a GBB lay an egg sack. i was hoping to get some advice as to how long it takes for the the slings take to hatch. also i was wondering if its smart to take the egg sack after "x" amount of days. and how long would "x" be?

i need some advice; please help.

thanks so much

Ceratogyrus

3 Year Member
I can only comment on the murinus, as I have never kept a GBB before.
It really depends on how much work you want to do. The easier method would be to pull the egg case after 21 days or so and incubate them yourself. By this time they should be at least EWL. It makes it much easier to separate them at 2nd instar this way.
On the other hand, murinus are very good parents so she should take very good care of the egg case. It is a bit trickier digging through the webbing to catch 2nd instars though if you leave it with mom.
On a side note, be prepared, as murinus often lays a second sac (Double clutch) from the same mating, especially if the egg case is taken away. I have even had a 3rd sac before from the same mating (Triple clutch)

Latest posts