• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

names

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I ordered 2 new Ts now i need 2 names ;)

I usually do a word play or something with their common names but i'm totally out of ideas on these 2.

Davus pentaloris - Guatemalan Tiger Rump
Eupalastrus campestratus - Pink Zebra Beauty

Like with my Brazilian Black and White i did the name Duke, first thing that came to mind for black and white were the old John Wayne (The Duke) movies. B. albo's were named Larry and Moe because they're "Curly" ;) until my son didn't like his called Larry and changed it :p

So help me out here. :) what should i name these 2?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Davus pentaloris - Tiger or Tigger, they definitely have tiger stripes on their butts
Eupalastrus campestratus - Rose or Blush

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Davus pentaloris - Tiger or Tigger, they definitely have tiger stripes on their butts
Eupalastrus campestratus - Rose or Blush
Tigger is my dog's name, that'd get confusing ;) I was thinking Bengal but then i can't stand the Cincinnati Bengals so that won't work.

I could name the campestratus Rose and confuse everyone since it's not a rosea ;)

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Alicia for the pzb- Pink¡'s real name lol
Maybe something interesting for the D pentaloris- maybe Tamalé

Will

3 Year Member
Davus pentaloris - Guatemalan Tiger Rump: Shere Khan (or just Shere, which translates as Tiger in Persian. Or just Khan which means King)

Eupalastrus campestratus - Pink Zebra Beauty: Zebedee (off the Magic Roundabout)

syzygy

3 Year Member
Funny, I have a Curly named Moe too...same reason.

When I think of Guatemala my mind goes to coffee so you could name after one of the major coffee producing regions there. Options along this line for the GTR could be Coban, Antigua or Antitlan. There are 8 major regions, but these sound the most like spider names to me.

I named my B. klassi's (Mexican Pink) after the Pink Ladies from the movie Grease. I have Rizzo, Frenchy and Marty. You could use one of these for your PZB (since apparently I borrowed Moe from you) or go with one of the two I didn't use....Jan and Sandy.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I made the mistake of telling my son i ordered 2, so now he's taking the D. pentaloris for his and i get the PZB. I'll go with @Kymura and use Alicia, Pink is one of my favorite pop stars from way way back ;) Guess i can call it Al if it turns out to be male lol The demon from the Kelly Armstrong - The Hollows books :)

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just spoke to Tanya from fearnottarantulas.com my freshly molted itty bitty 2i PZB and D. pentalores are ready to ship! she'll ship them next week on Tuesday 8/16. I can't wait! I love the tiny ones :D