• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My very modest spider corner

purplerex

Just thought I’d throw a quick thread up on here, mainly for my own reference to look back on I guess!

I (very recently) got back into the hobby after a number of years out, & I’ve already done a few rehouses because I just wasn’t happy with my enclosures.

Had a versicolor juvie & laeta SAF in Komodo glass vivs; not really sure why I ever went down that route as I knew the airflow just wasn’t great, but I had a few lying around & thought I’d give them a try.

So it was playing on my mind & today I went to my local reptile shop & picked up some new bits.

C. laeta SAF in the Exo-terra nano tall (needs more decor in, I’ll get around to it when she’s not trying to eat me)
C. versicolor juvie, A. purpea juvie & A. geniculata juvie in acrylic display boxes - love this particular size because they can be used terrestrially or arboreally due to the lip at one side. Loads of ventilation, nice clean look in my opinion too.

Anywho, quick snap of my very modest spider corner - I’m sure it won’t stay like this for long…

Attachments

• A213C9D0-3012-4B81-8C9D-4105C0FC1789.jpeg
    A213C9D0-3012-4B81-8C9D-4105C0FC1789.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 46

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just thought I’d throw a quick thread up on here, mainly for my own reference to look back on I guess!

I (very recently) got back into the hobby after a number of years out, & I’ve already done a few rehouses because I just wasn’t happy with my enclosures.

Had a versicolor juvie & laeta SAF in Komodo glass vivs; not really sure why I ever went down that route as I knew the airflow just wasn’t great, but I had a few lying around & thought I’d give them a try.

So it was playing on my mind & today I went to my local reptile shop & picked up some new bits.

C. laeta SAF in the Exo-terra nano tall (needs more decor in, I’ll get around to it when she’s not trying to eat me)
C. versicolor juvie, A. purpea juvie & A. geniculata juvie in acrylic display boxes - love this particular size because they can be used terrestrially or arboreally due to the lip at one side. Loads of ventilation, nice clean look in my opinion too.

Anywho, quick snap of my very modest spider corner - I’m sure it won’t stay like this for long…
That is how Arachnoclown started. Could be a long journey. Great corner!

sunset

I have a small space for mine too. Lol I used an old green house shelf.
Your displays look really nice!!. I'm always wanting to add, or upgrade things but trying to be super mindful that too much can be disruptive to the T's living there. Can't wait to see things as they progress!!.

purplerex

Very nice! Looks convenient.
I have a small space for mine too. Lol I used an old green house shelf.
Your displays look really nice!!. I'm always wanting to add, or upgrade things but trying to be super mindful that too much can be disruptive to the T's living there. Can't wait to see things as they progress!!.

Thanks guys! They’re far from perfect, but I like the way the look! :T:

Latest posts