• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My T. Albopilosus hasn't been coming out for the last month or so.

Cloud

My T is about two years old, female, and has never hidden away this long after I first got her. Her tank has the right moisture content, she always has access to water and (dead) food supply in case she molts and needs food/water, and none of the wood in her tank is rotting as it's checked weekly. We feed her live superworms, along with some dead crickets that she hides for later. These are store-bought from an exotic pet store that we know takes care of their animals (the bettas have one ten-gal each, none of the animals have shell rot, fin rot, or dirty enclosures, along with no clipped wings).
No smell coming from the terrarium, she's just got herself hidden in one of her logs, for the last ~month. I wouldn't be too concerned if it weren't for the fact that the last time she did this was when I first got her and was adding too much water to her substrate. Room is at an average of 22-23C, with a fan breeze. Her terrarium is approx. 23.5C. Substrate is 6.1cm deep, of a 30gal terrarium.
What, if anything, should I do?

Latest posts