• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My pink toe is dying?

oli.13

Hi! Please please help. I have had my male pink toe for about 10 months. He has his final molt about four months ago. Since i’ve had him, he’s not been a big eater…he always runs from food or just wants nothing to do with it. The last time he ate was a few weeks after his final molt. I’ve offered since then and nothing. He came out of this web up in the corner of the enclosure and is not sitting at the bottom. His movements are not his usual. He seems like he doesn’t know where to put his feet when he walks. I am very scared that he’s about to pass or that something is wrong. please help or give any insight if you’re able

oli.13

Hi! Please please help. I have had my male pink toe for about 10 months. He has his final molt about four months ago. Since i’ve had him, he’s not been a big eater…he always runs from food or just wants nothing to do with it. The last time he ate was a few weeks after his final molt. I’ve offered since then and nothing. He came out of this web up in the corner of the enclosure and is not sitting at the bottom. His movements are not his usual. He seems like he doesn’t know where to put his feet when he walks. I am very scared that he’s about to pass or that something is wrong. please help or give any insight if you’re able
i should have proof read. sorry. i’m stressed. he IS sitting at the bottom of the enclosure. he’s hiding behind some cork wood. he is also drinking water. i just don’t know what’s happening

GarField000

3 Year Member
You gave the answer yourself .... he is a mature male.
They have only one thing on their mind and that is not food
4 months is not long but depending on species it's from 3 months to a year or beyond.
A mature male will not eat much, wil only be looking for female so more active, more active means use more resources, which means earlier death. They don't molt anymore and will die.

There is nothing more you can do than make sure it has water.

x_raphael_xx

There is nothing more you can do than make sure it has water.
And maybe find someone with a female for breeding?

Unfortunately when males mature its the beginning of the end, they are only focused on mating.
Keep water available and offer food every now and then, but he probably won't take it.