• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Phlogiellus bunch

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I do feel that the Phlogiellus genus is vastly underrated. They can be very visible although some are quick to hide away when disturbed. Most will cover the whole of their containers with web and then many chose to sit on top of the web.

My first introduction to the genus was when I thought I'd buy a few dwarf Ts I'd already bought a couple when I came across a Phlogiellus sp. baeri and so I welcomed Data. She was quite lively as a sling but is probably one of the calmest Ts I have now.
DSCF1299 (2).JPG

Next came Ta Nim, a Phlogiellus sp. Koh Samui. A little more shy still.
DSCF9319 (2).JPG

The next of my bunch to arrive were 4 female Phlogiellus sp. Khao sok. Sadly Na Rak Left me for spider heaven but the other 3 are thriving. All very heavy webbers and love their food.
Paed
DSCF1331.JPG

Hying
DSCF1332.JPG

Hwan
DSCF1334.JPG

And the latest additions have been a bunch of Phlogiellus atriceps locality Bogor most of which I will be selling but I plan to keep 2.
Salak
5 (4).JPG

Mist.
This one has webbed so much since the picture was taken that I can't get a new one of it.
6.JPG

There have been others that sadly died as slings. They were Phlogiellus sp. karon (died within 6 hours of arrival),
Phlogiellus sp. Thailand (only survived a few months) and probably my favourite Phlogiellus sp. Khao Lak.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@Tgotty90 Thank you. I really don't know why they're not more popular and I shall definitely be keeping my eyes open for more species.:)

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Wow!! Data is a beautiful spider. Are all Brits good at taking pictures? You get some great shots of your Ts.