• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My newly aqcuired H. gigas

Chingz

3 Year Member
So I won this little fella from a bid. Just like 70 cent (US$).
Wish me luck guys.
This one was so small but very lively. It didn't hide or cowering, and it just went straight exploring.
It may sound weird for a new sling. Lol.
I think this guy will be a 'smack you down' type. It shredded the wet tissue in the shipping container..
I fed it a mealworn and it took the worm after several minutes..

Attachments

• IMG-20180725-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20180725-WA0001.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22

Chingz

3 Year Member
Mine made a burrow and stays in it. I see her toes sticking out of the burrow entrance when she's hungry.
Right now mine also burrowing itself now...
I saw it walking up and down because I put some tube in the middle of the jar. Lol
Maybe it was still creating its hole. I am most curious to see the kind of tunnel it made.

Chingz

3 Year Member
My new setting for H. gigas.
My friend posted last week that his gigas submerging fully.
I wanna try it too. Lol.
So here it is. Hopefully by Monday it will be ready to explore it's pool.
20190423_203118.jpg
20190423_203150.jpg

Tnoob

I can't really tell what I am looking at here. In order to use the the "submersion method" of sexing, you need to just wet the moult, and unfold the abdomin so you can look at the inside between the anterior book lungs. Can you get us a picture of that? Also, if you look on yourtube, Tom Moran, has a video on how to sex tarantulas. Always take more pictures. We are all about that here.

Chingz

3 Year Member
I can't really tell what I am looking at here. In order to use the the "submersion method" of sexing, you need to just wet the moult, and unfold the abdomin so you can look at the inside between the anterior book lungs. Can you get us a picture of that? Also, if you look on yourtube, Tom Moran, has a video on how to sex tarantulas. Always take more pictures. We are all about that here.

It's OK no worries... I will wait for the next molt since I already threw this one out. :(

Tnoob

It's OK no worries... I will wait for the next molt since I already threw this one out. :(
Can you take more pictures? I was hoping I could get a view of the epagastric furrow. If there is one, that would give you a positive ID. Also, this species doesn't have tibial hooks, they have hairs in the same area that look like feathers that will help you identify the sex.

Chingz

3 Year Member
Can you take more pictures? I was hoping I could get a view of the epagastric furrow. If there is one, that would give you a positive ID. Also, this species doesn't have tibial hooks, they have hairs in the same area that look like feathers that will help you identify the sex.
Noooooo.. I already threw the molt sling because I think it's still too small.

Latest posts