• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My New Pink-Toe :3

Calymene

3 Year Member
I've been encouraged to post pictures of my new little spider, Aragog, so here I am!

Here's my floofy baby in his old temporary home.

IMG_0149_zpsx1z7btjh.jpg

New%20Tarantula_zpsuii9mxmg.jpg

And here's me attempting to photograph him in his new forever home! The flash is annoyingly in the way...

IMG_0157_zpsnusyc1wp.jpg

IMG_0159_zpsmu3cvyza.jpg

That last one was an attempt to get a size comparison; the last knuckle of my pinky there is about the length of a quarter. I think he has some growing left to do, or is this the max size for a male (the shop owners were somewhat confident that he is male).

Redacted

3 Year Member
I've been encouraged to post pictures of my new little spider, Aragog, so here I am!

Here's my floofy baby in his old temporary home.

IMG_0149_zpsx1z7btjh.jpg

New%20Tarantula_zpsuii9mxmg.jpg

And here's me attempting to photograph him in his new forever home! The flash is annoyingly in the way...

IMG_0157_zpsnusyc1wp.jpg

IMG_0159_zpsmu3cvyza.jpg

That last one was an attempt to get a size comparison; the last knuckle of my pinky there is about the length of a quarter. I think he has some growing left to do, or is this the max size for a male (the shop owners were somewhat confident that he is male).
I might be embarassed. I saw the ventral shot and thought he's got a female.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm far from expert here I rely on molt sexing, but I thought it looked female as well.
Regardless, looks good!

Calymene

3 Year Member
He's a girl? That's great news! How will I be able to tell for future tarantulas, besides the molt? Looking at the ventral side, I don't see anything distinguishable, but then again, I'm a noob!

Venom2090

3 Year Member
He's a girl? That's great news! How will I be able to tell for future tarantulas, besides the molt? Looking at the ventral side, I don't see anything distinguishable, but then again, I'm a noob!
better late than never i guess, lol. you can tell its a girl if theres a slit, or a opening between the first pair of booklungs.

Latest posts