• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Lovely Lady!!!

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
0804031458a (1).jpg
downsized_0731032127.jpg
downsized_0730032037.jpg
cp1_0730032124 (1).jpg
:D I Love her.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi, welcome aboard!
You have a beautiful rosie. If I may make a suggestion.. change the substrate. Wood chips are abrasive and can cause molting issues. Get some eco-eart coconut fiber.

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
Yes! I'll remove more of the jungle substrate just to be safe...I have been wondering how often they molt...I know it is a very dangerous time for them...I dread it, I will probably be scared to death the whole time. I don't want to lose her.

khatchet

3 Year Member
Dont be afraid of molting time I have only had 2 molt as I am new to the hoppy as will. But they both went great it was my pink toe A avic both time.

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
Yeah she is about 4" Thanks for the info! Is there anything I should do when she molts to make it easier for her, or to prevent anything from going wrong? I'm a worry-wort, I really can't help it. All of my friends call me a Mamma Bear. And I know females can live a long life, I want her to be with me for a long time.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
all you have to do is stop feeding her when she stops accepting food, and when see finally does molt just leave her be for a couple weeks.

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
Ok, thank you :) Right now she is voraciously eating. Very enthusiastic eater. btw.... ALIENS FTW!!!! :p I just raised a Praying Mantis from a hatch-ling to a giant female adult before releasing her (me and my dad order egg sacks since their population is diminishing, so we do our best to help...We release them all (500 hatch-lings) BUT I kept 1 to raise...Man...That was a fantastic experience. She molted several times and was...oh man...something else. I named her Ripley ;) (Your Avatar) Can I ask you also...how many, ball park, different kinds of Tarantulas do you have, and if you could pick...a couple, as your favorites...which ones? I know this is an interest I will pursue for the rest of my life. I am absolutely in love with Arachnids. The Mantis' I shall also continue. I have a lot of...experience with all kinds of wildlife. From...all over :D I really should update my biography to explain. Id hate to come off as a newbie. But I'd love to learn as much as I can from you. My Grammastola Rosea is...so refreshing to me. (I recommend a Praying Mantis experience as well, I had great success and it really was wonderful.)
Mantis.jpg

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
Forgive me if I post many pictures...I am doting like a new mother. She just snatched up food when I took this just now.
0814031452a.jpg
About the jungle substrate, I am going to fully listen to you, and remove it all. I only had it in the first place because it was good for having live plants in your tank...and I wanted her to have the most natural habitat I could make...They were just clovers. But...Its going to go, lol.

khatchet

3 Year Member
If i could pick a favorite it would be and kind of avic. Only cuz it is the 1st kind I have kept.

Latest posts