• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My first sling!

Madzoohouse

3 Year Member
Hello everyone. New here and wanna show off my pretty little girl. Strange that I ordered a completely different species. Well she's here and there not getting her back! Anyone know what species exactly she is?

Attachments

• 2015-11-11 19.54.22.jpg
    2015-11-11 19.54.22.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 14

Madzoohouse

3 Year Member
Thank you. I think I may now know. She has molted a few days ago. Now I pose another question. What is the best length of time to wait for feeding after molt?

Wg25

3 Year Member
No problem! About a week! That's just about enough time for his body and fangs to harden! White knees are great eaters! I used to give mine to crickets at a time and watch him squash them both in his fangs! Haha awesome T's!

Madzoohouse

3 Year Member
She pounced as soon as I dropped em in . but she's so cute her color completely changed and she's now almost the size of a half dollar.. Got any recommendations on another species? The company that I deal with owes me 50 bucks plus tax. lol Getting excited just thinking about a new arrival

Wg25

3 Year Member
Sure! The B.albopilosum , B.Smithi and B. Emelia are all beautiful display species!
And the G.rosea and G.pulchripes are also awesome! Do a bit of research and see which one you prefer! ; )

Madzoohouse

3 Year Member
My only problem is.. I love them all. I am on the Tegu tortoise beardie and tarantula forum. I can't walk through a pet store as I feel Terrible for the animals and feel I'm rescuing them from the worst care enough ever

Madzoohouse

3 Year Member
Thank you... I do already... I am so excited to see her grow with me. Hey any opinion of another beautiful species? I posted earlier if anybody has any good ideas for a new tarantula for me since the company I deal with owes me some cash I'm probably going to end up getting another one.

SasyStace

3 Year Member
Thank you... I do already... I am so excited to see her grow with me. Hey any opinion of another beautiful species? I posted earlier if anybody has any good ideas for a new tarantula for me since the company I deal with owes me some cash I'm probably going to end up getting another one.

I am a super fan of the Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens AKA Green Bottle Blue and any of the AVICS :)

Meludox

3 Year Member
I am a super fan of the Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens AKA Green Bottle Blue and any of the AVICS :)
I was just gonna recommend the GBB but you beat me to it! GreenBottle Blues are seriously awesome. Great eaters, webbers, and fairly docile but sometimes skittish. I think they're a great beginner T. And of course B. albopilosums. I've only had mine for a short time but I'll always recommend them.

Madzoohouse

3 Year Member
I was just gonna recommend the GBB but you beat me to it! GreenBottle Blues are seriously awesome. Great eaters, webbers, and fairly docile but sometimes skittish. I think they're a great beginner T. And of course B. albopilosums. I've only had mine for a short time but I'll always recommend them.
Every time somebody posts a different species I'm copying and pasting to find availability.. They are beautiful. Meludux yours is beautiful

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's either A.geniculata or A.brocklehursti. I recommend a GBB or B.smithi for the next ome. Honestly you can't go wrong with either.

Madzoohouse

3 Year Member
Ok...i am so excited now I have two on the way...and thank you everyone for the suggestion..I think I will get in the future the Poecilotheria Metallica. That one is beautiful or chromatopelma cyaneopubescens I love that one.. The company did not have a lot to choose from. I am getting an Avicularia versicolor and a Grammostola Rosea.. I have been educated very much as I was looking at everyone's suggestions in Google images and found many other species I am unfamiliar with. So thank you all for being helpful and patient with me

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Congrats on your order, do consider a B.albopilosum at some point. They are so adorable everyone should have a couple ^^

Madzoohouse

3 Year Member
I think I have tarantula fever.. (It's a joke) I have never in a million years thought I would be this intrigued by these awesome furry friends

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's a contagious fever...I was going to have one a couple months ago....have another one coming soon and am already choosing my next...
-points to her signature-

Madzoohouse

3 Year Member
That is awesome....i feel bad I found them so late in my day.. I have so many other pets that are larger.. Good thing tarantulas don't take too much space!!

Latest posts