• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My DIY Enclosures

Thivo

3 Year Member
Hi everyone... I would like to share my DIY enclosures that I made using used CD Case, and this is good for slings and Juvies...

Materials that I used:
  • Old CD Case
  • All Purpose Liquid Glue
  • Drill with smallest drill bit
  • Transparent Adhiesive Tape
  • Sand Paper
  • Dried Moss
  • Coco Peat/Garden Soil
  • Tree Branches (Dried)
  • Marker Pen
  • Ruler
  • Bottle Cups
  • Peables

• 20150227_195033.jpg
    20150227_195358.jpg
    20150227_195525.jpg
    20150227_195934.jpg
    20150227_200009.jpg
    20150227_223647.jpg
    20150227_223744.jpg
    20150227_223855.jpg

Thivo

3 Year Member
Thanks Enn49... I am having fun making and creating something... Recycling things to make useable again... Will make some more... Send your old CD cases to me... Hahahahaha...:D

Thivo

3 Year Member
Thanks Ghost... Yeah... I am also searching for an old Laser Disc cases I know it was bigger than this one so I can used it for bigger T's:D LOL

Canadian Tarantula

3 Year Member
These are very well done!

I would gladly keep a T in one of these :)

Great way to be creative and great way to reuse items that would otherwise live in landfills

Awesome job!

Thivo

3 Year Member
Thanks C.T.... Can i call you C.T. for short:D... It's easy to make one... You can do it too...

Canadian Tarantula

3 Year Member
Thanks C.T.... Can i call you C.T. for short:D... It's easy to make one... You can do it too...

C.T. works for me.

I can't do DIY, Ive tried with other hobbys and always end up making nothing but a mess and then buying the store bought haahah

Cheers

Thivo

3 Year Member
For sure you can... Just patience and enjoy what you are trying to build... All your effort will worth at the end...

swimbait

3 Year Member
Great idea! Those came out looking awesome! I would have added more substrate though personally and holy cow your sling is fat :D

Thivo

3 Year Member
Great idea! Those came out looking awesome! I would have added more substrate though personally and holy cow your sling is fat :D
Thanks swimbait... Those are my Nhandu chromatus and they are pre-molt during that time...

Thivo

3 Year Member
Finish another enclosure for B.Vagans, and I just make the door sliding on top... I didn't put any holes for air ventilation on top lid, and I am not sure if it is fine or not...

Size is 30cm x 30cm x 21cm
enclosure.jpg

20150517_220253.jpg