• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My collection

bestco

3 Year Member
23 ;) and just ordered 5 more
uploadfromtaptalk1410003432084.jpg

bestco

3 Year Member
Cheers :) I have 2 grammostola rosea's,, brachypelma albopilosum,,acanthoscurria geniculata,, chromatopelma cyaneopubescens,,, pterinochilus murinus,, theraphosa blondi,, phormictopus arichomatus,, stromatopelma calceatum,, citharischius crawshayi,,brachypelma boemei,, heteroscodra maculuta,, pterinochilus chordatus,, ceratogyrus darlingi,, pisamopoeus reduncus,, lasiodora parahybana,, poeilotheria tigrinawesseli,, poeilotheria regalis,, holothele inci,, grammostola pulchripes,, brachypelma vegans

bestco

3 Year Member
Yeah I will no problem she's in her burrow all the time till feeding time I will post one soon ;)

bestco

3 Year Member
Yes very huge carapace, I would like to get another but there rare to get hold of :(

Sabeth

3 Year Member
Is T. blondi handleable? Sorry, had to ask that...I'm a handler whenever possible. Love to get my hands on everything exotic. ;)

katiekatelyn

3 Year Member
Same here in South Africa, some try and pass off Theraposa stirmi as Theraposa Blondi.
I've gotten all 14 of my T's, as well as my two snakes, from the same pet store. I bought what they told me was a t.blondi but ended up being a t.stirmi. The differences between them is kind of obvious once you know what you're looking for, which makes me wonder how much research these pet-stores put into selling live animals.

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've gotten all 14 of my T's, as well as my two snakes, from the same pet store. I bought what they told me was a t.blondi but ended up being a t.stirmi. The differences between them is kind of obvious once you know what you're looking for, which makes me wonder how much research these pet-stores put into selling live animals.
Not much. Most of the pet industry trades using common names from importers and dealers. They usually are not qualified to keep them or make recommendations on care. I worked in that industry for a short while and people would be amazed at what goes on behind the curtains. Glad you have had some success with pet stores and were able to rescue 14!

bestco

3 Year Member
I try and avoid pet stores for my t's and go to a trustworthy supplier, but when I go to a pet store for my crickets and substrate I can't resist buying a few t's to give them a good home and requirements they need, pet stores don't really care for them, they just care for money in there pockets, I just feel sorry for them when they haven't got the right requirements ;(

katiekatelyn

3 Year Member
I always get mine from the same pet store. The only thing I hate about them is their tarantulas come in small vials with old and smelly substrate, and they usually contain mites. I always have to do a sub change. My boyfriend got me a p.muticus for my birthday recently and his sub was so dry, his tunnel collapsed on the way home. He had to stop at his cousin's for a Tupperware to transfer him to. (I thought it was a brownie.)

Latest posts