• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Christmas presents have arrived

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
After a very worrying few days my Christmas order from Jakub at spidershop.pl finally arrived at lunchtime today. I got many apologies from the courier, apparently they'd had problems with the van. I even got a phone call from Jakub, in Poland, as he was worried about my snake, luckily I was able to tell him all was well.

Dolichothele exilis - Orinoco
DSCF3717.JPG

DSCF3718 (3).JPG

Pterinopelma sazimai - Amapá. My first one of these died a while back
DSCF3719.JPG

DSCF3721 (2).JPG

Phormictopus atrichomatus - Taino
DSCF3722.JPG

DSCF3724 (2).JPG

Now meet Ular (his name means snake in Malay), a Python Curtis Brongersmal my new Blood Python. I have so missed owning one of these over the last few years. They have always have a reputation for being bad tempered but handled well from being small they are gentle giants. Ular is a 2017 hatchling and around 2' at present.
DSCF3709.JPG

DSCF3713.JPG

DSCF3715.JPG

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Very nice additions, I've never heard of the first one. You will definitely enjoy watching the P. atrichromatus. in my opinion that species is the most defensive. My juvie snatched my 10" tongs right out of my hands a month ago.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Very nice additions, I've never heard of the first one. You will definitely enjoy watching the P. atrichromatus. in my opinion that species is the most defensive. My juvie snatched my 10" tongs right out of my hands a month ago.

I'd not heard of the exilis either but I couldn't resist. Thanks for the warning about the atrichromatus, I shall keep a wary eye on it at feeding time :D

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They all seem fine thanks but it was a nerve wracking few days. That fist little one was the liveliest of the 3 Ts. :) I haven't seen much of Ular since I took those photos, he's sleeping off his journey.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I love the Phormictopus species. Lots of ‘tude. Love to eat. Great display spider. Merry Christmas Ennie. Santa was good to you this year (well deserved, BTW).

IamKrush

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
After a very worrying few days my Christmas order from Jakub at spidershop.pl finally arrived at lunchtime today. I got many apologies from the courier, apparently they'd had problems with the van. I even got a phone call from Jakub, in Poland, as he was worried about my snake, luckily I was able to tell him all was well.

Dolichothele exilis - Orinoco
View attachment 27377

View attachment 27379

Pterinopelma sazimai - Amapá. My first one of these died a while back
View attachment 27380

View attachment 27381

Phormictopus atrichomatus - Taino
View attachment 27382

View attachment 27383

Now meet Ular (his name means snake in Malay), a Python Curtis Brongersmal my new Blood Python. I have so missed owning one of these over the last few years. They have always have a reputation for being bad tempered but handled well from being small they are gentle giants. Ular is a 2017 hatchling and around 2' at present.
View attachment 27384

View attachment 27385

View attachment 27386
Very nice new animals. A blood is on one of my snakes id like to have some day

Latest posts