• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My apartments pet rules.

tarantulaguy1994

3 Year Member
My apartment does not allow my reptiles or tarantulas. But I have gotten 2 new tarantula after moving in and will most likely keep getting them. What does this mean am I going to far or would all of you do this as well?

rénee

3 Year Member
My place doesn't allow pets and I have 2 cats, 2 scorpions, my new T and 2 fish, I want to bring in a python, chameleon or even another new T or 2, but I feel I have to be careful haha, my neighbor just got evicted for having a cat.. :|

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My place doesn't allow pets and I have 2 cats, 2 scorpions, my new T and 2 fish, I want to bring in a python, chameleon or even another new T or 2, but I feel I have to be careful haha, my neighbor just got evicted for having a cat.. :|
I just had a picture of Ace Ventura, pet detective pop into my head. Bravo! :D

tarantulaguy1994

3 Year Member
I do not think when it comes to something like reptile or tarantula that live in tank. They have a right to say we can't have them.

DewDrop

3 Year Member
A tarantula is kind of like a Betta fish, as long as it cannot get out or become locally invasive one or two should be fine but a huge collection of over a dozen might get you in trouble. Just talk with the management. Some reptiles however pose another risk of being temporarily invasive during the warmer months and even pose risks to plumbing. People will call animal control on reptiles and amphibians but tarantulas are less likely to get you into trouble and tarantulas are unlikely to make it to the pound. Why risk housing stability. Personally I wouldn't. They are like betta fish. One of those pets that if they get out due to environment cannot really live on their own and are likely to perish especially in apartments where pest control for roaches is regular. That stuff they use usually kills spiders as well.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm lucky I guess. Nothing the lease on mine about pets other than dogs or cats require a deposit.

It's also one reason I want to buy this summer. I'm tired of living by someone else's rules. I want to be able to paint the living room neon green if I have the urge. Or swap out that pos faucet for a cool touch faucet with sprayer.

Takes weeks to get a faulty smoke detector replaced through management lol

DewDrop

3 Year Member
after living in one place soooo long all the need for new and change has completely faded away. I am more of an out with the too old and worn out and only keep the minimum type. No matter what new you buy it is still the same architectural design no matter the color. You either like the place or not. Personally I am just used to this place and have been here so long, it's the all bills paid feature that keeps us staying and the half life is waaaay over on the place anyway. I think owning is a much bigger hassle, why bother with a yard anyway. For me, it is cheaper to rent than to own because if you add in repairs on a house you have to pay for it just isn't worth it because my husband would frugal out and try to fix a house we owned himself. Just cheaper and safer to rent. Yeah pet deposit, I paid a huge one. Once your in the same place long enough, it is just home, whatever the paint color is when you rent it's about how clean it can be kept anyway. The maintenance is good here to. Usually same day service. So we are not going anywhere any time soon unless the place closes or something.

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My land lady doesn't know I've got 12 T's in the house. And personally I don't care lol..

Latest posts