• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Moved my L. Parahybana

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
Basically the enclosure I got was cracked an way friggen dirty. So I got a nice 18x18 terrarium for wicked cheap. Did it all up and transferred her. Boy was that a nightmare. I ended up using a pop bottle and all it did was attack my paint brush and flick hairs at me. Though she could be close to moulting. Not 100% sure though. Definitely wont be changing the cage again for 10 years! Pics to come when it leaves the pop bottle and remove it from the enclosure.

Atx13

3 Year Member
obts are the worst to rehouse.. they just don't want to work with ya, lol.
Best thing to invest in, is a nice sturdy, easy to close deli cup, for rehousing.. and a long extra soft paint brush :).

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
Np, I'm kinda afraid it would lunge at me. I'd rather get haired than bitten. The coke bottle worked great but now it won't leave it. Lol. And this big girl is QUICK!!

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
Yep, they are just being sent from my phone to my computer then I'll throw them up. I don't think she likes it yet, it's still pretty damp, seeing as how I had to soak the moss in water and in order to break up the coconut substrate I had to put a gallon of water into it. I still wanna spruce up the cage a bit I'm just not sure how. Should be up in about 10 mins or so.

Edit: But I think shes close to molting, she hasn't turned down food yet, but that doesn't mean her food hasn't wandered and died somewhere in her old enclosure and I haven't found it yet.

Kurt Nelson

3 Year Member
L. Parahybana "Madam Pointy Fangs" and her old gross enclosure.

photo1-1_zpsbb70b784.jpg

photo2-1_zps439e4721.jpg

Her new enclosure.

photo3-1_zps38788d00.jpg

photo4_zpse44083b3.jpg

photo5_zpsd9b5db74.jpg

Probably a little stressed right now, and the substrate is still pretty damp. She should be up and rolling soon.

Latest posts