• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Molt imminent L. Klugi

Goldiesgiants

So my L. Klugi has completely closed off the entrance to her burrow. She was wandering about last night so I threw a cricket in there as she was out and about wandering. But when I woke up this morning she had completely closed off the burrow with substrate. I know this is a huuuuge sign of premolt so that's fine. My questions are these. How long does the process usually take with the lasiodoras and secondly the cricket was dead she had bitten it and used venom is that normal for premolt? To bite the food with venom as a defense? Thanks guys.

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
All depends on the individual how long it takes them to molt , and some Ts still feed in premolt .

Teresaisrad

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Most of my T's will eat all the way up to a molt aside from my apophysis. She will strike, kill, then toss away the carcass. Sounds normal to me so far.

As for the length of time it takes to molt I think largely depends on the size of the T and the conditions around it.
Just make sure theres water available and a quiet safe space and all should be golden <3