• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Meludox's T's

Meludox

3 Year Member
Free at last!.JPG
Avicularia velutina sling. Unpackaged him while he was molting and the molt seemed to be stuck. It came off but some legs are deformed. Definitely going to update on this guy's progress.

Meludox

3 Year Member
My Avicularia velutina and Avicularia versicolor, both suffering from bad molts, ate pre-killed crickets last night! It's their first time eating since their molts and I am so happy. Definitely think my little fighters are going to pull through.

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It was very exciting! The first molt I've witnessed myself. I can't wait to get some pictures soon of her new armor.

Are you serious? That's fantastic then! Yup, I was just talking with another keeper about the fact that no matter how many you see, they NEVER get old. I still get excited! Congrats!!!

Meludox

3 Year Member
Yup, everyone else has molted in secret or while I was away. But I could never imagine getting tired of it. Definitely one of the best parts about the hobby! :)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Never really see my N.chromatus either, burrowed way down, I have the sling enclosures nestled into styrofoam, I periodically lift them enough to peek at their burrows, the teeny chromatus is alive and well, just hidden away at the very bottom of its enclosure.

Taking photos of my N. chromatus is virtually impossible. He usually does hang around above ground but bolts for his burrow at the slightest disturbance. It is kinda funny though watching him suck prey down into his burrow like a trapdoor. :p

My 2 were just the same but now they are just over 1" dls they are becoming more visible so be patient :)

Latest posts