• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Meet the Porthole!

Would you order a Porthole and what amount do you feel is fair to charge?

• Yes and $100 shipped.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Scott Fitzgerald

3 Year Member
I designed and patented the Porthole to be hung on wall like a picture. The one shown is set up for my Arboreal but the Porthole can also be set up for a table top or add legs and it becomes a table. The black cap comes off and the entire enclosure can be reached with a long tweezers. You can also add water through the hole using a straw or turkey baster. Nothing is glued down so you can use your Porthole over and over again anyway you like. I also woodburn the name of your critter onto a sign post. The porthole looks great and works great as a decor enclosure.

Attachments

• straightshotproduct.jpg
    straightshotproduct.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 52
  • sideviewproduct.jpg
    sideviewproduct.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 54

Thistles

3 Year Member
It looks really cool, but I would need to be able to reach the whole enclosure. If you could make the clear bubble separable from the wood backing, it would work for me. As it is, the small opening isn't practical in my opinion. It is very creative and attractive though.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I like the idea of a hanging enclosure. Don't like that much wood around it though. Also concerned about what type of wood it is and mold issues.

Scott Fitzgerald

3 Year Member
The wood is pine and sealed with a cutting board oil. All of this I researched with my local reptile store and they found my design entirely safe for any critter. Also the plastic dome is not glued down, it is removable by just turning a few fasteners so all parts of the enclosure can be reached. I didn't glue anything down so it can be used over and over again. I have my Arboreal in one and she loves it!

Scott Fitzgerald

3 Year Member
I like the idea of a hanging enclosure. Don't like that much wood around it though. Also concerned about what type of wood it is and mold issues.

The wood is pine and sealed with a cutting board oil. All of this I researched with my local reptile store and they found my design entirely safe for any critter. Also the plastic dome is not glued down, it is removable by just turning a few fasteners so all parts of the enclosure can be reached. I didn't glue anything down so it can be used over and over again. I have my Arboreal in one and she loves it!

Scott Fitzgerald

3 Year Member
It looks really cool, but I would need to be able to reach the whole enclosure. If you could make the clear bubble separable from the wood backing, it would work for me. As it is, the small opening isn't practical in my opinion. It is very creative and attractive though.

Latest posts