• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Male vs female?

jkimble

so i read on another form that their male T is trying to get out
so i have a Psalmopoeus cabridge that is dying to get out,,, i cant get a good picture because if the enclosure is not glass just plastic
does that mean it a Male???

Lentulus

3 Year Member
It would be impossible for anyone to tell you sex based on what information is offered. Generally speaking, only males leave “home” to seek out a mate.

With that said, I have females that roam their entire enclosure for various reasons. I also have a few tiny slings that always run for the open door. Neither of these examples would allow me to determine m/f. You need to look at a molt under a microscope, spot the tibial hooks, or get lucky with a great pic of the abdomen and a friend with an eye for sexing that way.

There’s a lot to read here but offers great detail regarding sexing your animal.

jkimble

It would be impossible for anyone to tell you sex based on what information is offered. Generally speaking, only males leave “home” to seek out a mate.

With that said, I have females that roam their entire enclosure for various reasons. I also have a few tiny slings that always run for the open door. Neither of these examples would allow me to determine m/f. You need to look at a molt under a microscope, spot the tibial hooks, or get lucky with a great pic of the abdomen and a friend with an eye for sexing that way.

There’s a lot to read here but offers great detail regarding sexing your animal.
thanks for the info!

Latest posts