• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Male Mexican Red Knee is hurting himself trying to escape... please help

Collin R Con

I got a Mexican red knee tarantula about a year and a 1/2 ago, sometime back in October, after his last mult, the mating season started. Since then, he has been relentlessly trying to escape his enclosure. I've raised the medium level up so that he can't fall very far. And I've taken out everything that he could fall on that would hurt him except for his hiding places. I'm not sure what it's called when a male spider goes into his mating stage as I'm new to raising tranchulas. Will he ever come out of the mating cycle? I just want for him to be happy. I feel so bad for him, in the morning, I'll find him just collapsed in the corner of his terrarium. And he just looks so defeated. I really just wanna give him the best life I possibly can. If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If he's matured he'll be looking for a female so that's the one thing to make him truly happy.
All you can do is make sure he has plenty water available and food if he wants to eat. He will in time calm down as he begins to near his end.

x_raphael_xx

It's not a mating 'cycle' as such, if he's reached maturity he's now permanently on the prowl.
He may stop eating, but keep offering to see if he takes.
See if you can find him a ladyfriend and maybe his line can continue

Latest posts