• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Male & Female M. balfouri

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
We have very few suppliers in Canada and there is very little competition. We have only three suppliers willing to ship and who are big enough that they have been able to build a reputation. There might be a handful of mum and pop pet shops who have them, but they are local and don't ship. Then you might find a couple of tarantulas on Facebook, forums, and places like Kijiji. The US suppliers will not ship over the border - regardless of how much you spend.
There is only one of the three suppliers in Canada who has them at that size, so they can ask anything they want to really. Someone will pay it. Tarantula Canada has an egg sac on the go, but if you want them to be out of sling age - you still have only one option in the entire country.
It sucks really. It sucks even more if you are outside the big cities like Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver.

That's sad, really, that you guys (Canadians) have such limitations. Being a part of this hobby is such a pleasure. It's odd but I find myself talking to my T's when I feed & water them (kinda like someone would talk to their cat or dog). I hope you guys can figure out a way to get the T's you dream of having at a better price. Hmmmm......I'm looking into getting my import/export. If it doesn't cost that much to ship outside of the US (well, I suppose what someone is willing to pay), I wouldn't mind shipping to Canada and the UK, etc. I don't think you should have to order thousands of dollars worth of T's just to get what you want. There's gotta be an easier way as long as someone is willing.....

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just the pair until she drops a sac.....I'm determined, lol.....
Hope she does give you a sac. That wold be fantastic.. They are lovely looking Ts. One of my favourites. Have a soft spot for the "blue" Ts atm.

Latest posts