• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

M.giganteus

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Some people are passionate about how they feel,and I can't witness to this but witness to how it is in South Africa. Pet stores whatever they are seen as,don't give much care for any specie of animal since its a money making business. I can walk into most where I stay,take pictures and show the actual living circumstances of these animals. From macaws to tarantulas,trust me not a pretty sight.

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
Some people are passionate about how they feel,and I can't witness to this but witness to how it is in South Africa. Pet stores whatever they are seen as,don't give much care for any specie of animal since its a money making business. I can walk into most where I stay,take pictures and show the actual living circumstances of these animals. From macaws to tarantulas,trust me not a pretty sight.

It is a passionate field...Im sorry for how I reacted I really am, but I have seen horrific things...alot.

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member

Unfortunately it is the same in America...

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Don't worry,we've been at a lot of pet stores. I've seen the living arrangements for these animals,if you aren't up for keeping them then don't. I've seen macaws stuck into small cages,I've seen puppies without water. I've seen snakes without suitable enclosures and water,reptiles and the list goes on. Let me tell you a short story of where I got my Blue and Gold macaw,its a Bolivian one. I contacted a breeder arranged a meeting to get one, in arrival I'm met by a man not on two feet but a Wheelchair !!! This was amazing already,since I thought wow it must be hard work tending to these beautiful animals. I had a bigger shock waiting, in his back area he had about 100+ pairs of African Grey's all well looked after. Besides that,he had the blue and golds red wings green wings and Amazon's. He had a special area to care for the young ones,he hand raises all of them. A nursery that would put some hospitals to shame,incubators etc. Now if a man in a wheelchair can do it,whats their excuse ?

Last edited:

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
Don't worry,we've been at a lot of pet stores. I've seen the living arrangements for these animals,if you aren't up for keeping them then don't. I've seen macaws stuck into small cages,I've seen puppies without water. I've seen snakes without suitable enclosures and water,reptiles and the list goes on. Let me tell you a short story of where I got my Blue and Gold macaw,its a Bolivian one. I contacted a breeder arranged a meeting to get one, in arrival I'm met by a man not on two feet but a Wheelchair !!! This was amazing already,since I thought wow it must be hard work tending to these beautiful animals. I had a bigger shock waiting, in his back are he had about 100+ pairs of African Grey's all well looked after. Besides that,he had the blue and golds red wings green wings and Amazon's. He had a special area to care for the young ones,he hand raises all of them. A nursery that would put some hospitals to shame,incubators etc. Now if a man in a wheelchair can do it,whats their excuse ?

Right!!!! African Greys...they are sooooo special and intelligent...I know one of those since I was 5, and Im 26. It just matters if you truly care or not...

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Right!!!! African Greys...they are sooooo special and intelligent...I know one of those since I was 5, and Im 26. It just matters if you truly care or not...

They are amazing,sadly mine swears like a pirate haha. She even makes her own sentences,even replies to my comments. Then the blue and gold,he's the type that likes puzzles and does tricks. He talks,but not much. He loves to fall on his back and have his belly scratched, we keep him outside a cage no issues at all.

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
They are amazing,sadly mine swears like a pirate haha. She even makes her own sentences,even replies to my comments. Then the blue and gold,he's the type that likes puzzles and does tricks. He talks,but not much. He loves to fall on his back and have his belly scratched, we keep him outside a cage no issues at all.

Yeah the one I know likes to tease the dogs they have, haha

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Haha,they are just amazing !!! We've even had a baboon to look after,we are part of a group. When the zoo found the baboon,we were contacted to look after it,it was found alongside the road only in a diaper with a dirty blanket. The zoo suspected it was taken away as a new born,and when it got too much just left alongside the road. He was like a child,had he's own bottle etc. In the evenings he'd get into bed,cover himself like a child. The day he got reallocated,was the worst day of my life ever !!! He made sounds like crying,anyway he went back into a reserve so that's all that counts.

Tara Russell

3 Year Member
Defend chain stores all you want im not a child im grown and have worked AT 6, SO DONT ATTACK ME. whatsoever. our back room was the Animal Liberation Fronts wet dream, if you dont believe me idgad. But do NOT challenge me on it. Go ahead defend retail chain stores. I NEVER ****ing will cause im NOT naive. Worked with animals in alaska my whole life. Im allowed to "vilify" a ****ing PetSmart for cruelty to animals if I damn well please. Im HEAVILY into animal rights for 11 years. Im no child about this.
Your wasting your time girl I already ignore that person I was going 2 give her a nice ''wording'' but wasn't worth my time also do you have a photo of your Mantis?

Tara Russell

3 Year Member
Looks like yours has a nice language XD anyways my Avic Avic should be here Thursday ^^

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
Your wasting your time girl I already ignore that person I was going 2 give her a nice ''wording'' but wasn't worth my time also do you have a photo of your Mantis?

mantis.jpg

My camera is....just bad...its a shame. From a speck to 6 inches.

AlyeskaWolf

3 Year Member
Haha,they are just amazing !!! We've even had a baboon to look after,we are part of a group. When the zoo found the baboon,we were contacted to look after it,it was found alongside the road only in a diaper with a dirty blanket. The zoo suspected it was taken away as a new born,and when it got too much just left alongside the road. He was like a child,had he's own bottle etc. In the evenings he'd get into bed,cover himself like a child. The day he got reallocated,was the worst day of my life ever !!! He made sounds like crying,anyway he went back into a reserve so that's all that counts.

awwwww

Latest posts