• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

LPs

Wolfclans

Hi can anyone that is very familiar with pink bird eater LP if they can be housed together when bigger or will they kill another?

Wolfclans

Even if they are family they will kill each other, and almost every other sp will too. Tarantulas are solitary animals and don't need each other, other than breeding. But even then they still try to eat each other.
Wow eh there so cold blooded kill there own family members lol don't they get lonely and want a friend lol

Wolfclans

Just out of curiosity, where did you get this idea of communal Lasiodora from?
No I kinda knew about not putting them together but when they where spiderlings but wasn't sure if I could put them together when they got bigger and thought if from same sac they would be alright together then. Because there are other taraultas I saw together that's why I was wondering if that was possible to stick them together when full grown and I think one female and male because one is smaller than the other is way bigger and I got them same time there over a year and a half old now about 6 inches and the other 5 inches

organgrinder79

No I kinda knew about not putting them together but when they where spiderlings but wasn't sure if I could put them together when they got bigger and thought if from same sac they would be alright together then. Because there are other taraultas I saw together that's why I was wondering if that was possible to stick them together when full grown and I think one female and male because one is smaller than the other is way bigger and I got them same time there over a year and a half old now about 6 inches and the other 5 inches
H.gigas and M. Balfouri are about your best communal choices some pokies can live together also

Wolfclans

H.gigas and M. Balfouri are about your best communal choices some pokies can live together also
I'm still learning about the Ts I also have a curly hair is also a fast grower it just molted a week ago and is about 4 inches now and my other LP the largest one is about to molt soon it's not eating now

Wolfclans

This was taking a few months ago it's much larger now and is about to molt soon again I can't believe how many times it molted since I had it

Attachments

• IMG_20210508_173956724.jpg
    IMG_20210508_173956724.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10

organgrinder79

This was taking a few months ago it's much larger now and is about to molt soon again I can't believe how many times it molted since I had
But communals are risky due to cannibalism I think it’s something many don’t try due to the fact we are in this hobby for the love of the animals so why put them in jeopardy

Wolfclans

But communals are risky due to cannibalism I think it’s something many don’t try due to the fact we are in this hobby for the love of the animals so why put them in jeopardy
Well I didn't put them in jeopardy I looked into first I would not dare do that i had them both since they where smaller than a dime I'm very impressed by there growth and they eat crickets like crazy.

Latest posts