• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

LP sling not feeding

Webster26

3 Year Member
Hi guys , I'm new here so if I'm posting this in the wrong place I apologise.. one of my new lp slings has not fed at all whilst in my care , I have had them nearly 4 weeks , one is doing fine, the other seems to be acting as you would expect, just not eating! It is approximately 1cm. Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks in advance

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Could be pre-molt. Could just be an adjustment period if you have only had them 4 weeks. Some take longer than others to settle in. As long as the abdomen is plump, and not sunken or shriveled they will be fine. Be sure they have water available.

Webster26

3 Year Member
Yeah they have water available and abdomen seems ok , I hope you're right about it setting in , I've always shied away from starting from slings.

Attachments

• IMAG0230.jpg
    IMAG0230.jpg
    845.2 KB · Views: 29

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Your LP looks the same size as mine give or take. I got him at 1/4" and he didn't eat for about 5 weeks after he arrived, then he molted and now he greedily devours everything in his path. Yours has the dark patch on his abdomen, so i'd say he's fasting for premolt. Make sure he has water, and keep the substrate a bit moist for him, and give him time to settle in and molt. Then he should eat you out of house and home after ;)

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If not eating but is out and about in the open, then it's all good for you as you can observe any telltale signs of something going wrong. However, if it decides to burrow or isolate itself in its hide and block the entrance, then it's is another story! It will make our fingers itchy just to know what is going on in there! :D

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If not eating but is out and about in the open, then it's all good for you as you can observe any telltale signs of something going wrong. However, if it decides to burrow or isolate itself in its hide and block the entrance, then it's is another story! It will make our fingers itchy just to know what is going on in there! :D
i agree but im getting to the point now im just like whatever. let me farm this freakin dirt. maybe ill see a spider someday. lol

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i agree but im getting to the point now im just like whatever. let me farm this freakin dirt. maybe ill see a spider someday. lol

coconut fiber is an awesome planting medium. I'll have to start growing chili's or jalapenos in my Brachy's pet dirt boxes ;)

Latest posts